Re: Minor markup cleanup

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: Minor markup cleanup
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:16:13 +0200

On 4/11/07, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Victor Engmark wrote:
>    - Do you have a standard for the code / CVS comments?

No, right now.  Do you propose someone?.

Note that there is a section on the Hacker's Guide which talk about the
coding standard which theoretically we should use. But the link
did not work, so I think I removed it.

Do you know some standard which we could link to, and try to follow to
write our code?.

There's the Java coding conventions, which are pretty applicable anywhere. I seem to remember some software from years ago which would tidy your code according to those conventions.

The Pragmatic Programmer has many good tips, such as "Don't repeat yourself" (IIRC, the first and most important tip) and "Write the tests first". They are just guidelines, but could possibly be used as the authority when disputing some practice. Oh yeah, and I think one advice is to have a clear coding convention :)

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound