Re: log_in_box.tpl, header.tpl, menu.tpl -- Merging with tags at product

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: log_in_box.tpl, header.tpl, menu.tpl -- Merging with tags at production
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:56:06 +0200

I have integrated all what Victor has sent to the list, on my development
environment. As advised by Victor, I have added some things. See below:

 screenshot at: http://www.gnuherds.org/head-menu-loginBox-screenshot-01-.png

log_in_box.tpl
==============

1. Added the translation tags:
    * {t}{/t}

2. Modified some 'name' to fit with the current state at production:
    * name="Email"

3. Modified some 'id' to avoid clash with the forms Person, etc.:
    * for="loginBox_Email" ...

4. Forcing HTTPS, to log from pages which are using HTTP:
    * https://{$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}/

5. I have not added @target to <a .. Lost_Password.php> due to it
   does not show a webpage, as for example Person.php does. Instead,
   Lost_Password.php processes the login form and came back to
   the origin.

Victor Engmark wrote:
>    - I don't know how long the user names / passwords can be.

6. Modified some 'maxlength' to fit with the maximum value
   allowed currently at the data base.
    Ref.: Layer-0__Site_entry_point/doc/GNUHerds__SQL_Implementation.psql
    * maxlength="60"
    * maxlength="512"

>    - The style is only rudimentary, to show how this could look like the
>      current design. It'll have to be tweaked later.

I attach the CSS notes sent by Victor. I have commented some entries to be
able to view the <ul> indentation.

>    - Valid, semantic, and accessible XHTML 1.1, once again :)

I have not checked all this with the W3C validator, to avoid duplication of
work. I will check it when all <div>s are ready.

header.tpl
==========

1. Added the translation tag:
    * title="{t}Home{/t}"
    * {t}Project state{/}

2. Added again the checking to know if <a> must be an HTTPS or HTTP link:
    * {if !isset($smarty.server.HTTPS) or $smarty.server.HTTPS != 'on'}
           http://
      {else}
           https://
      {/if}
      {$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}

      Note that ...

3. We talk about the below change some mails ago:
    * lang="ru_RU" hreflang="ru_RU"
    * title="{t}Change language{/t}"

menu.tpl
========

1. Added that to force change from HTTPS to HTTP, when encryption
   is not needed. That is to say, to pages which have not forms:
    * http://{$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}

2. Added:
    * target=

3. Added the menu entries which are only shown when the entity is logged in:
    * "Manage your data" section
    * title="XXX"   due I do not know what title use. I personally like
      that use of @title which Victor has added!.

Appendix
========

* I have added @target.  If it is needed, we can follow talking
  about this tag, and about any other thing to follow approaching
  to the final result, so that Victor can commit all this to CVS.

* Note about using tabs to indent:
    Pros:
      Only one character.
    Cons:
      3, 4  or more levels of indentation make it harder to read the file.
      Workaround: Configure your editor to show tabs with 2, 4 or .. spaces.

* After we commit all this to CVS, we must remember to translate
  the strings added or modified: @title, etc.

* I have commented all table tags at webpage.tpl and content.tpl to
  clean up a little more, before getting the screenshot.

Davi