Re: JavaScript to hide / show items

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: JavaScript to hide / show items
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:45:26 +0200 (CEST)

Victor Engmark wrote:
> Here's a script we can use if we need to hide / show anything, e.g. form
> fields. This specific code will just hide any elements with class
> "secondary". Most of it is written by me (CC licensed, but I can change
> it if necessary)

OK about relicensing.

> the addEvent part is LGPL licensed. Copied verbatim from my CV :)
> It works (with XHTML 1.1, should work for HTML) in at least Firefox 2,
> Opera 9, and IE6 (haven't tested any others).

I think LGPL will be compatible with Affero and later GPL v3.

If we are going to use that code we should test it on Konqueror/Safari
too.  Anyway, that can be done later.

The tasks which I propose to realize in the first batch,
before the huge new-Klaus-architecture, are:

1. Use "HTML 4.01 Strict" instead of "HTML 4.01 Transitional"
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6177

     * We will use <div>s

2. Try this form design option: hide not mandatory fields
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6447

     * We can use the code you have exposed here.

3. Check all the pages with http://validator.w3.org/
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6546

4. Use approved field names: RFC 3106
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6769

5. menu: The colors are kind of bland, o it's hard to see what's a link
   and what's a heading.
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6770

6. non-clickable text in the menu
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6771

Note as almost all this tasks are related to the presentation layers.

Second batch:

n. re-use any forms to show error messages
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6540

m. Klaus architecture

--
Davi