GNU Herds name change?

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: GNU Herds name change?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:28:03 +0200

Hi all,

After thinking a bit more about the problem with having a name which is very close to GNU Hurd (especially when pronounced), and discussing it with Antenore, I'm proposing a name change. I believe now is the right time - We're still in beta, and not yet an official GNU project, so there should be minimal impact and work.

Name proposed by Antenore: "GNU Human Enhanced Resources Data System"

I propose "GNU Jobs": Short, easy to understand, unique, and search engine friendly.

Other proposals:

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound