Re: Proposal for disclaimer

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Proposal for disclaimer
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 00:02:47 +0200

Martin Mielke wrote:
> > I'd propose to include a legal disclaimer similar to this one:
> >
> > "Every effort has been done to ensure the reliability of the offered
> > information. Nevertheless, GNU Herds brings this to you on an AS IS
> > basis, therefore we can not give any guarantees that everything said
> > by the candidates or employers is accurate, thus we will not be
> > responsible for any damage that this might cause"

What Martin propose is add a note exposing the possibility that people or
companies could tell lies in their resumes or offers.  That is life.
Everybody know it can happen.

I have checked three job sites, and neither of them include such kind of note.

It is not needed.

When some entity add an offer, the Human Resources selection process usually
follow the below steps:

 * The HH.RR. staff read some applications
 * The HH.RR. staff choose the best applicants
 * The HH.RR. staff get a first contact, via phone or email, etc.
 * The HH.RR. staff take a second contact, face to face. Maybe via
   video conferencing.
 * The HH.RR: staff realize some tests, etc.  (optional)
 * The HH.RR. staff fill the vacancy with the best candidates.

Klaus Weiss wrote:
> if this is really necessary I suppose we should rather use some official
> legal disclaimer. Here is an edited template from the FSF:

IMHO, It is not necessary neither convenient.

> GNU Herds is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
> GNU Affero General Public License for more details.

This seems a note for the distribution of the web app source code. We already
include the AGPLv3 license with the source code.

Dion Rasmussen wrote:
> What about writing "WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY" in lower-case so it doesn't sound
> like: "All our buffers are programmed by irresponsible kiddies with no
> sense of humor"

As usual, feedback and flames are needed to improve.