Re: GNU Herds: avoid promoting Non-Free Software

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU Herds: avoid promoting Non-Free Software
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 18:00:53 -0400

    As "LPI Certification" is not Software, Hardware, Documentation, Data or
Art,
    we propose to add the new "Non-Free Abstract" tag to avoid showing in
    qualifications and offer views skills which _promote_ Non-Free Software.

I don't entirely understand what this suggestion means.  Do you mean
literally you would write "Non-Free Abstract" as one of the
qualifications of this person?

That does not seem very useful, either for our goals or for him.

So here is another idea: use "GNU/Linux certification"
to refer to either the LPI certification or the Red Hat certification,
or any other that may exist in the future.