gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] GLModule or GLModuleSystem class

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] GLModule or GLModuleSystem class
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:04:23 +0400

Hi Bruno,

it seems that I begin to understand what you mean. If I've understood you well:

1. We have GLFileSystem, which finds or patches files and then return
their paths (or paths of temporary files which contain the changes).
2. We have GLModuleSystem, which share flags between all modules. I
think we could have GLModule, but it seems we can port it's all
methods to GLModuleSystem. Yes, the most of them seems to be more
harmonic with GLModule, but since we have to share modcache flag, it
is better to have GLModuleSystem.

So what do you think if I remove GLModule? I can implement it later
(after 20 August) just for the future developers, which don't worry
about modcache flag, but need more usual way to get some information
from file. That will be "standalone-file oriented object for each
module from GLModuleSystem" and will just contain methods which don't
need modcache flag. What do you think?

P.S. I can go to work in the next 30 minutes, so I'll send the plans
for the day in the next e-mail.