Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: comm_channel

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: comm_channel
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:10:57 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
just noticed that comm_channel is dropped and url and reference to enum_comm_type have
been moved as fields onto lnk_identity2comm ;
The name change is to systematise the naming of tables.
(look in gmDemographicRecord for how this is used)

that means that 2 or more people living at the same home will
have separate entries with identical urls .
Correct, but only the landline (which is why I considered
a separate table to be overkill)
IMHO there is a case for moving landline phones to be a field of address.
> the  simplification done recently on v_person_comms_flat  doesn't work.
>
> It will only return a row if instances of all five types of comm
> channels are present for an identity.
Sorry, I missed that (the python client doesn't use that view)
Unfortunately, Syan, if you create views for your own client
(which of itself is fine), you will be primarily responsible for
keeping them up-to-date with the rest of the schema, or, at least, keeping
a close eye on schema changes.

Moving to an outer join should be the fix. (so non-existent comms are NULL)

Ian