Re: [Gnumed-devel] anyone noticed wiki problems

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] anyone noticed wiki problems
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:33:52 -0800

Well...

It was working for me under Firefox, but would not under Safari (even after logging in).

Then I quit Firefox fully, restarted, & was back to the same old problem.

I became again successful in Firefox by trial & error, but have not fully figured it out.

My initial success seems never to be in the initial Firefox window (default single tab), only *after* opening a second tab and doing an edit in the second tab. But that is not *always* successful.

Not sure yet whether, in the first tab,
- anything needs to be first tried/done
- whether the above need be on a gnumed wiki page
- whether the above need be to more than than to load (view) a page e.g.
- - enter "Edit" mode but Cancel rather than saving any changes
- - enter "Edit" mode, try to Save a change
- - whether to first Preview matters

Not sure whether, in the second tab, which wiki page matters
(for me it worked with Anticoagulation Clinic)

Note that once I *did* the right combination, the wiki continued to work without any trouble for me (in fact it worked for days in a row during which time I had kept Firefox running) and this included being able to view, edit and save pages in a "first tab" of a Firefox window.

Note also that even during my trouble, I seemed able to Edit / Save the main Sandbox page but this did not fix the problem during that session.

In case part of the "equation" requires the first edit to be of a "small, simple" page, suggest whoever next gets an effective connection create a topic "WikiWorkaround" putting as content the line "Make a tiny edit below, and "Save" (or "Preview and Save", whatever we figure out) and then below that, put a new line with a few words of nonsense.

I will have bit of time to experiment later this weekend (wife working 4pm-midnight) after the little inmates are in bed.