Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hopefully final wording for Mims Agreement

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Hopefully final wording for Mims Agreement
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:00:27 +1100

Richard Terry wrote:
Enclose is the rich text file of hopefully an acceptable wording to allow us to upload the Mims Annual Data.
| You may not alter, modify, adapt, decompile or disassemble the dataData files
or any content in the dataData
| files in any way without obtaining prior written authorisation from CMPMedica.
I'm not a lawyer, but it's difficult to see how importing the MIMS ASCII files
into postgres isn't doing all of the above.
Do they mean we can't change the actual texts of the MIMS entries? (which is
fine) In that case, it should just say that.
To be at all useful, we must be allowed to analyse the data-structure and
transform it.
I'm not trying to be passive-aggressive, I agree its a great favour the MIMS
people are doing.

Ian