Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:53:30 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>>If we have to maintain pypgsql ourselves there seems little downside to
>
> ... using something else. One alternative of which is yours.
> Actually, I see only two viable alternatives: "yours" and
> psycopg.

Um, one thing in favour of pyPgSQl is that it has a reasonable set of
unit tests - about 100 from memory. Personally I wouldn't use a database
adaptor that doesn't have a minimal set of unit tests, in the same way
that I wouldn't use a database which doesn't have unit tests (PostgreSQL
has over 1000 I think).

Tim C