Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] getting closer to a version that "makes sense"
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:06:42 +0200

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 06:08:27AM +1000, Tim Churches wrote:

> Last time we looked, psycopg didn't have any tests at all, which is why
> we choose pyPgSQL instead.
Do tell !?!

> I suspect that the baby is in danger of being thrown out with the
> bathwater.
There ain't no danger yet :-)  It's not like we are going to
actually *do* anything today or tomorrow ...

> The problem with pyPgSQL is that the developers aren't very
> responsive to emails and seem reluctant to include patches they didn't
> write, and they have not rolled up a tarball or made a Windows binary
> installer for nearly two years (eg there is no Windows installer for
> pyPgSQL for Python 2.4 available). However, the code is being maintained
> in CVS - there are commits quite regularly.
I see. Good to know.

> So its really just a matter of taking the code from CVS and creating
> your own tarball and/or binary installer. That's what we plan to do for
> NetEpi in the next two months.
Let's "pool resources" in this case. Maybe I am dumb but it
sounds more manageable than rolling our own entirely.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346