[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:54:37 -0700

At 9:05 AM +0200 9/29/05, Andreas Tille wrote:
How are we supposed go get test results and/or feedback ?

Does this mean
- how do users/testers submit feedback, and
- how does the development group obtain that feedback?

BTW it can be useful for users/testers to see the feedback of others. As an example, when my hospital recently upgraded their clinical system, and I noticed to my shock that the drug *administration* ("give to patient") paper in a patient's chart had a *different* patient printed on the back, I lost nearly half an hour confirming that this was true for other patients, and waiting in the phone cue to report it to IMIS, when it turns out IMIS already knew but none of the nurses and not all pharmacists. The primary IMIS system of communication was a sheet of paper each morning, reporting issues detected the *previous* day.

So I agree. After Oct 16th I can give some further thought to wiki vs bugzilla. TWiki has a plug-in that supports forms but I would need help with the installation +- the configuration. Maybe others know if bugzilla is suitable only for developers or if it is easy to let users report, and learn, about items that will often not be bugs but just reflect a need to improve documentation, or requests for improved usability or added functionality.