Re: [Gnumed-devel] Debian packages

From: Richard Hosking
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Debian packages
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:32:58 +0800

I have been fiddling with Gnumed for a few weeks - as a relative newbie progress is slow However, I have got past Debian install/wxpython issues. PostgreSQL is installed and I can access it with psql and create users, DB etc. Gnumed is installed from the download package and I can reach the login screen However I havent been able to go further because Gnumed cannot connect with a backend. In spite of fiddling with the gnumed.conf and pg_hdb.conf files havent had much success.
PostgreSQL is configured for local connections as far as I can tell.
I would be grateful for any ideas or pointers. Ultimately I would like to contribute to the project but I am relatively low key as far as programming goes - first offering is an improved (?) gnumed install/uninstall script if people want this.

Thanks
Richard
Ian Haywood wrote:

I can report that the Debian packages are working well on my box, having
"crossgraded" to Debian testing.
Without access to a 0.1 server I can't get past the logon screen
but that's not the point: it installs and grabs all the right dependencies.
Thanks very much for doing this Andreas, much appreciated!

The Snellen chart code doesn't work, I've fixed this in CVS.

Ian