Re: [Gnumed-devel] Debian packages

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Debian packages
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:29:20 +0200

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:32:58PM +0800, Richard Hosking wrote:

> I have been fiddling with Gnumed for a few weeks - as a relative newbie
> progress is slow
> However, I have got past Debian install/wxpython issues. PostgreSQL is
> installed and I can access it with psql and create users, DB etc. Gnumed
> is installed from the download package
Which one ?

> and I can reach the login screen
> However I havent been able to go further because Gnumed cannot connect
> with a backend. In spite of  fiddling with the gnumed.conf and
> pg_hdb.conf files  havent had much success.
Try the server at server2.gnotary.de. Just edit the
gnumed.conf like so: Copy the profile for salaam, change the
hostname, add the profile to the profile list and restart
the client.

> PostgreSQL is configured for local connections as far as I can tell.
If you mail me your pg_hba.conf I'll tell you what to put in there.

> I would be grateful for any ideas or pointers. Ultimately I would like
> to contribute to the project but I am relatively low key as far as
> programming goes - first offering is an improved (?) gnumed
> install/uninstall script if people want this.
Surely ! Even if you just hang around trying out something
here and there and report back with success or failure. We
*like* users.

--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346