Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:32:44 -0700 (PDT)

> > In moving the Summary (AOE) down, it would need to be given a smaller
> > width, in order to keep room for Save buttons to the right of it,
> Oh, OK, that would be one approach. But that could lure
> people into thinking the save buttons apply to the Summary
> line only (as evidenced by the new-encounter button top
> right).

see below

> > Among the "Save" buttons I would resequence them as
> >     Notelet Encounter All
>
> Done :-

Except that the Save: buttons that would be to the right of a lowered Summary
box would be labeled:
   Notelet   Encounter   All

so it will be plain to the user that the Save cannot apply *only* to the
Summary, when its buttons clearly denote other components.

Optionally, the Editor: (to be Notelet:) buttons could be extended to include
the option of here saving the notelet:
   New Clear Discard Save
in other words relocating the
   Save: Notelet button to place it more contextually relevantly with the other
(cluster) of notelet-related buttons.

This would permit simplification of the Save buttons to
   Encounter  All

I am also thinking that, while the following change is subtle, a change of
   "Summary:"
   "... summary:"
may hint at the "... summary:" being a continuation (from above the notelets)
and therefore part of the encounter info that would be saved with the Encounter
button.