Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:45:41 -0700

On 24-Jun-09, at 4:06 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

IOW, the continuity-of-care tree rather than the
state-of-health tree we got.
add to roadmap (v0.6 or future) to be a plugin labeled "ENC tree"?
- future
- not a separate plugin but a "group mode" for the existing
  EMR tree browser which would then have radio buttons at the top
  (like the docs tree)
   "group by (*) problem   () care process"
  or some such

... I now realize this was already on "to do" as _continuity-of-care view_ :-)

... at said ToDo page, reviewing the status of the following,
  • health issue level
    • popup menu: edit health issue metadata
    • move all episodes of an issue to another one, offer deletion of old episode
    • one-level undo of episodes moving
... I can remove the first bullet (popup menu) as "done"?
... second bullet, remove on only "offer deletion" as done
... do I here add bullet ".. per-issue longtitudinal listing" per your last comment quoted below

For that particular quest we should offer...
and a per-issue longitudinal listing (think all relevant
encounter data concatenated at the right when clicking on an
issue or episode node.

... on

    the capacity to search the text displayed in a pane might be invaluable
    We already have a rough search accessible from the EMR menu
    but so far it lacks the ability to transfer focus to the
    appropriate part of the record. It does list context data,
    however.

    The capacity to search the right hand frame in the browser
    nonetheless is a wishlist(future) item

    ... I added this to ToDo

    I have been thinking it could be very handy, within a notes viewer
    (whether Journal or other form) to be able to filter the content by type
    of row (s o a p or ellipsis ...) this could help more easily review

    - symptoms or other subjective information
    - previous physical examinations
    - previous thinking (assessment)
    - previous plans, some details of which may have escaped doing

    Sure.

    If not in the journal but (rather) in the EMR browser, would the above filters need to be controlled from within the left pane, in which case would it be agreed a good idea to display, to the user, i.e. outside of the menu itself, the state (nature) of any currently-applied filters? Add this?

    Regarding the Journal I am very hesitant to spend too much
    effort on making it much smarter.

    but ok to make tidier as per recent suggestions for label alterations (MTA--> Context, Doc --> Assessment, plus the space-indent)?