Re: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup!

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup!
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:55:51 +0200

> Our team of developers is having difficulty setting  up a local
> version of GNUmed 0.5.rc4 on UBUNTU. The server is v10.6.

We should surely get this to work. Which Ubuntu is this ?

- can you see the gnumed_v10 database with a tool like pgAdmin III ?
- can you connect to that with, say, psql as user postgres ?
- what are the exact errors you are getting ?
- can you connect to any database on that machine ?

> I already have PostgreSQL v1.8.7 installed and running.

8.1.7 ?  That hints at the fact that you may be using a rather "old"
version of Ubuntu. I'd suggest upgrading to something more recent
which gives you the benefits of PostgreSQL 8.3.

> It doesn’t recognize the standard admin. password ‘postgre’.

Usually there is no password for the user "postgres" on
Debian-derived distributions.

> I’ve been attempting the generic ‘Any Linux/Unix’ installation

That's OK.

> For client installation:
>
> I check and satisfy all dependencies using the provided scripts and
> then run the script for local installation.
>
> ./gm-install_client_locally.sh 0.5.rc4

That should work OK.

> I modify pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf as per the instructions on the
> web site.

Can you show us the pg_hba.conf ?

> Attempting to login to local GNUmed I’m told that ‘any-doc’ is not
> recognized by the backend.

What is the exact error you are seeing ? Also, could you post the
client log file ? If you are running a local installation of
the client there should be a gm-from-cvs.log file.

Karsten