Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:41:59 -0800

On 2009-11-23, at 12:35 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Or is that intended to wait until
>> 0.7 in which case remove that option from the GUI (for now)?
>
> Later we may want to add more ways of rendering a drug
> inactive, such as a better differentiation between
> .intended_duration and .actual_duration (akin to
> .last_actually_taken).

yes, because that will avoid the ambiguity of an inputted duration being

        duration as instructed

vs

        duration as taken
        (but I suppose the change can be deduced from an audit table)

vs

        duration-inferred-from-prescribed-supply

despite that the prescribed supply may be longer or shorter than the intended
duration... begs the question of the validity check when future-building a
prescribing widget. A check should maybe only warn, and not prevent, because
you may wish to have additional supply left over, in case the instruction to
the patient permits as-needed extension of the course of treatment or to have
sufficient supply to restart therapy during a future exacerbation.