Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:38:06 -0800

On 2009-11-29, at 4:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> It now displays:
>
>       Show messages: () All  () Active patient's
>
> This will
>
> - always include messages for the current provider only
>  (as it used to)
>
> - always include messages not related to any particular
>  patient (as it used to)

see below

> - "ALL" will filter to messages related to any patient

and also messages not related to any particular patient

> - "Active patient's" will filter to messages related to the
>  active patient only

and also messages not related to any particular patient

IMO this remains confusing and this is most apparent when first logging in at
which time *no* patient is selected. This will result in displayed messages
even when no patient name or photo  Clicking "Active patient's" will show that
"Mr Kirk is off..." but this message was not actually linked to Kirk, nor is
the administrative memo "Beware of Dr Jekyll".

Therefore I would suggest that

        "All" shows all (nonpatient plus all patients')
        "Active patient's" shows *only* the active patient's (not the
nonpatient messages)

also I would change the label because the messages do not belong to the
patient, they only relate to the patient. Sorry. So it should be

        Show messages: () All  () Active-patient related

(placement of the hyphen intentional) where "Active-patient related" shows
*only* the active patient's (not the nonpatient messages)