Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:49:38 +0100

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:29:27PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> Actually I am now remembering (?) that apart from the
> inbox messages that appear as a direct result of test data
> import, the inbox will also display "virtual" messages that
> are generated as a result of fetched queries returning
> unreviewed lab results and documents. Therefore I expect it
> will not be possible to actually delete such virtual
> messages

That's correct.

> despite that users are currently presented that
> option in right-click.

Which I now made optional on the .is_virtual value :-)

> It does raise two questions:
>
> 1. even if the right-click "delete" could be contextually unavailable for
> such items, I had earlier proposed that there also be buttons so it would be
> helpful to present to the user why such messages cannot be deleted... maybe
> "beep" plus display feedback in the status line.

Since now the deletion item is optional there won't be no
attempts to delete -- which will not result in any condition
where that hint could get displayed.

> 2. presently, deletion does not refresh the screen. Can it please do so?

Yes, that's fixed.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346