Re: [Gnumed-devel] write documents

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] write documents
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:45:45 +0200

Am Dienstag, 19. April 2011, 13:49:31 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 03:36:22AM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> > 1. pdflatex is in path and can generate pdf from other tex documents
>
> "other tex documents" means from
>
>       - outside GNUmed or
>       - within GNUmed
>
> ?
>
> > 2. The gnumed has generated pdf document and is saved in temporary
> > directory.
>
> OK, good. I assume that PDF *does* contain the medication
> list you expected ?

That means generating the document works. Now we need to handle that document.

handling means printing, showing etc.

For Windows there is no such thing as gtklp which means no standard way to
bring up a print dialog.

A few weeks back I did some research on that and found that basic
functionality can be achieved by some sort of batch file.

This means in most cases one needs to install Adobe reader since this is used
to handle the printing part.

The other option would be to write a program in python (e.g. python QT) and
make this a standalone exe binary which can be called to handle the printing
stuff.

If anyone could do some research on how a small programm can be written in QT
(Nokia) that could handle printing on Windows it would be very helpful.

Until this has been written I could work on a batch file that would open the
generated pdf in Adobe reader.

Sebastian