Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 06:52:56 -0700

On 2011-05-31, at 1:40 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Would a single table hold these associations, whether they were to soap rows
>> or to health issues, or are such associations split into different tables?
>
> They are split into many tables.

good to know… a search for patients having a particular code will therefore
need to search across multiple tables for that code

>> Also, is the following shipped-with-gnumed report definition fragment
>> obsolete…
> You have reported this query to not work anymore and I have
> reported it fixed.

I was more looking for confirmation as to the reason why it did not work, and I
regret if you had already clearly answered and I did not catch at that time
that it was specifically because the view had been retired or renamed… if it
had been the latter then there would have been value to look around elsewhere
in the schema for something I did not realized existed. Admittedly, the
specific answer makes no difference to whether or not that query worked.

Indirectly I was asking whether the future schema had been sufficiently
pinned-down so as to be able to know already what *would* work in order that a
future-helpful query could be assembled and made available.

>> Also does
>>
>>      clin.v_narrative4search
>>
>> inform searches of narrative at all levels *above* the SOAP rows but not the
>> soap rows themselves?
>
> It includes all the narrative, including SOAP rows.

That's good!

-- Jim