Re: [Gnumed-devel] Finally ... monocomponent and multicomponent drug lis

From: Eric Maeker
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Finally ... monocomponent and multicomponent drug lists for Brazil
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:43:15 +0200

I believe that all the work to do will not be "auto-"reproducible with every update. You should try to find a better raw source.

I don't need it to be automated for future updates (there maybe could be a diff script to do this, and if not there is always the manual way - I can live with that).

If you want your source included in FreeDiams, we need to think about a correct 'auto-reproductibility & automation', because I can not manage drug database 'by-hand'. The FreeMedForms already handle 5 drugs database automatically and 1 'partially by-hand' (just transform a mdb to csv - and that's already too much work).

"any non-portuguese speakers" is more correct ;) ... but I get where you are going

;)

If you want to split strength and form, you will have find a "generic rule" for each form.
1) extract all available forms & expand abbrev./translate
2) ping back

This I can do ... LibreOffice is great at localize/substitute with reproductibility via macro recording ... I do this on other files already :))

For a better reproductibility and automation, I suggest to use a real programming language but a macro editing inside Calc.
That's just a suggestion...

Eric