gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Hi everyone...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Hi everyone...
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:09:37 -0800 (PST)

A little introduction...
------------------------
I should introduce myself, first and foremost.   I'm Gregory Casamento, I
maintain the Gorm application for GNUstep which is GNUstep's Interface Builder
equivalent.  I also wrote significant portions of GNUstep.

I also work in software professionally (as you can likely tell from my .sig).

What I'm doing here...
----------------------
I'm hoping to get GnuSpeech going under GNUstep to the mutual benefit of both
projects.   :)

Progress so far...
------------------
Based on what I was sent yesterday David & Steve.  I have been able to get
GnuSpeech to compile under GNUstep and present it's gui.   I have not been able
to get Monet to build, although I am getting closer.  The use of Key-Value
observing is not implemented in GNUstep as it requires mucking with the
Objective-C runtime and would effectively tie gcc's objc to our implementation,
which is a kluge Apple can get away with, but we can't. ;)

Anyway it's seems as those uses are isolated as well as the use of AudioUnit.
I will let you know as I progress.

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.