gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Hi everyone...

From: Steve Nygard
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Hi everyone...
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:19:49 -0700

On Nov 16, 2004, at 2:09 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

[...]
What I'm doing here...
----------------------
I'm hoping to get GnuSpeech going under GNUstep to the mutual benefit of both
projects.   :)

Excellent!  We appreciate the help.

Progress so far...
Based on what I was sent yesterday David & Steve. I have been able to get GnuSpeech to compile under GNUstep and present it's gui. I have not been able to get Monet to build, although I am getting closer. The use of Key-Value
observing is not implemented in GNUstep as it requires mucking with the
Objective-C runtime and would effectively tie gcc's objc to our implementation,
which is a kluge Apple can get away with, but we can't. ;)

Anyway it's seems as those uses are isolated as well as the use of AudioUnit.
I will let you know as I progress.

Regarding KVO, I'm using a few of it's constants for keys and values in the userInfo dictionaries of notifications. This provides the same information that you'd get from KVO, but I still just use notifications, so that shouldn't be an obstacle.

--
Steve