gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Organising gnuspeech source(s)

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Organising gnuspeech source(s)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:31:08 -0800

Hi Marcello,

Good suggestions all.  Many thanks.

I have put an entry to Gnuspeech into the Wikipedia and changed some references into internal links.  I have also extended my university web site to make the Gnuspeech material more readily available by collecting it all in a section devoted to it.  I have put the existing sound samples right at the top of the section, so they can't be missed (they were somewhat buried before, and maybe you missed them).  The Wikipedia article includes a link to that site as well as other useful stuff.

Let me know if you think this meets some of your suggestions adequately, and feel free to offer more of your excellent suggestions.

I'll work on some more stuff immediately, including putting an earlier compiled version of Monet on the savannah site -- but not as a release, only as a Beta.  Dalmazio has recently incorporated the helper Beta app (unfortunately also called Gnuspeech) that translated text into the Monet input syntax into Monet itself.  I have yet to try it out, but the original helper app did not deal with all the text that could be put in (unlike the pre-parser that was part of the TextToSpeech Server -- the daemon that provided text-to-speech conversion as a service on the NeXT and which Dalmazio is now working on.

This is just to keep everyone up-to-date.

I also need to produce a second edition of both the Monet and Synthesizer manuals that use illustrations from the Mac OS X version, rather than the NeXT, though the NeXT versions will be pretty close for when it is up and running under GnuStep.

All for now.

All good wishes and many thanks.

david
--------
David Hill
--------
 The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable. (J.K. Galbraith)
--------