gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Greetings

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Greetings
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:54:06 -0700

Hi Rick,

Dalmazio Brisinda has already sent you a summary reply (thanks Dalmazio). You could download the gnuspeech from the savannah repository and try it out, if you have a Mac. You can also run it under GNU/Linux, but that port is not as advanced as the Mac port, but is usable. Since the GNU/Linux runs under GNUStep, and this has been ported to Windows, you could also run it under Windows, if you fire up GNUStep:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Installation_on_Windows

You should have received a copy of what I wrote to Ken Beesley a few minutes ago which gives a little more detail. There's also some descriptive material on the gnu web site as well as the savannah site. Here are some relevant URLs:

The savannah site for gnuspeech

The project home page

The location of downloadable .dmg files

Richard Stallman's book of essays on "free" software

Index to Guspeech material at the U of Calgary

cgstmad limited variant of gnuspeech

If you have the necessary skills and interest, and would like to help in continuing the port, I would very much appreciate some help. Many thanks for your interest.

All good wishes.

david
---------
David Hill, Project Administrator
Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures  (Tao Te Ching #67)
---------