gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] some conversion questions about Monet manual

From: Paul Tyson
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] some conversion questions about Monet manual
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 17:08:14 -0500

Hi David,

I put monman934.html into docbook 5.  I ran the latest stock docbook xsl
stylesheet and got decent-looking html out.  I'll be glad to share the
work-in-progress with you and the list if there is any interest, but I
want to clean up some more details, and also try to get PDF output.

Is there a particular citation and referencing style that you would like
to follow?  Docbook provides markup capability to the Nth degree in this
area, but if you have a preferred style guide (APA, MLA), let me know.

Would you like me to put the two external sections ("How to add a new
rule..." and "How to add a new posture...") into the main manual?

You had some specialized formatting in the original html--for instance,
frequent use of emphasis, inline image placement, and decorative section
breaks.  The emphasis tags were converted, but have a different default
formatting using the stock docbook xsl.  We can tweak the image
placement and decorations by customizing the stylesheet.

Regards,
--Paul