gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] some conversion questions about Monet manual

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] some conversion questions about Monet manual
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 15:51:24 -0700

Hi Paul,

On Apr 9, 2011, at 3:08 PM, Paul Tyson wrote:

> and decorative section
> breaks.

I didn't respond to this item in my main reply.

I like the decorative section breaks -- they relate to the subject of the
document (Monet -- it is a caricature of the artist in black and white). Plus
the painter's palette. I think it adds useful interest and content to what
might otherwise be rather dry material, and they serve as excellent markers to
the structure. That's why I added them. I wrote the original HTML by hand,
which was not a big deal. As I said before, it makes for very economical,
fast-loading code. So I am not as opposed to mark-up languages as the
impression I may have given.

Warm regards.

david

---------