gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Ubuntu Exceptions

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Ubuntu Exceptions
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:31:06 +1000

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Let it not be said that I did not give Ubuntu a chance before going
> back to boring-old "outdated" debian.

You can always run Debian "unstable" or Debian "testing", as I do, and it
won't be "outdated" anymore. It will also be less "boring" because you'll run
into the occasional packaging bug or a problem resulting from an upgrade.

I know people who have run into reliability issues with Ubuntu and who went
straight back to Debian as a result. I've never tried Ubuntu myself, partly
for this reason and partly because I keep reading about aspects of their
default configuration that I know I would want to change, so it's much easier
to start with a distribution that doesn't make those choices in the first
place.