gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] narrowing

From: fmiller
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] narrowing
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:20:52 -0600

Marcelo Matuda writes:
Hi,
I tested on Slackware 13.37 (32-bit):
gnustep-make 2.6.2
gnustep-base 1.24.0
gnustep-gui 0.22.0
gnustep-back 0.22.0
gcc 4.5.2
and the segmentation fault doesn't happen. And Monet can synthesize the speech. Marcelo

That is good news. Now other news: Bad news need not be all bad. Not if it helps narrow things down. debian squeeze 6.0.5 64-bit: Monet can load the diphones.mxml file, but in the Synthesis Window, after I enter text or choose one of the default phrases to parse, when I press "Parse Text", I get a segfault. PreMo also segfaults when I click "Parse". GnuSpeechCLI is working. Yes. It's not just the current 671 revision of Gnuspeech, it also happens with revision 669. Last known good: debian squeeze 6,0.3 with gnuspeech revision 669 Believed good: debian squeeze 6.0.4 with gnuspeech revision 671 Not working: debian squeeze 6.0.5 with either revision of gnuspeech Not working on 64-bit debian stable (on a macbook, but I don't think that's relevant). With luck, I'll narrow it down a little more. HTH

fred_m