gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] narrowing

From: fmiller
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] narrowing
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:16:40 -0600

Marcelo Matuda writes:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
These things don't happen on my desktop at home either (slightly mixed
squeeze 6.0.4).  I can even build and install gnuspeech on the up-to-date
macbook and then copy everything over to the other machine (an old HP
Pavilion with Pentium-4) and that works fine.
hmmph.
updating Gnuspeech rev. 671 to rev. 672 doesn't fix it either.
hmmph, again.
pardon me, please excuse me, sorry to trouble you, but could I please ask a
favor...
Please send output from
ldd ~/GNUstep/Applications/PreMo.app/PreMo
~/GNUstep/Library/Libraries/libGnuSpeech.so.0.0.1
~/GNUstep/Library/Libraries/libGnuSpeechTube.so.0.0.1
there's some chance i'll find something there

In which distribution? In Debian stable 32-bit/64-bit the results would be the same... Slackware 13.37 uses libobjc.so.2.

Debian stable uses libobjc.so.2 on my recent install... debian stable 64-bit, please I don't really expect to find anything different from my install; just hoping. It's more plausible that the problem I'm having with my 64-bit install is related to the fact that Apple provides only 32-bit firmware for vanilla MacBooks. Different drivers are available depending on whether I boot from efi (32-bit only), or boot with bios emulation from an mbr (64-bit).

thanks again

fred_m