Re: RFC: GDB Objc-Branch

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: RFC: GDB Objc-Branch
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:31:28 -0700

David Ayers wrote:
Hello everyone,
hello Adam!

Due to the recent developments on the gdb mailing lists, I would like to post the following proposal to gdb-patches.

----
Let me first formally introduce myself. My name is David Ayers and I am a GNUstep developer.

In light of the current situation concerning the ObjC-patches, I would like to propose for Adam to open an fedor_objc-200303?? branch for gdb.
With this, I mean to address the following:

I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm not really sure this would be any less work for me or get the patches approved any quicker. First of all, in order to submit changes to gdb, you need to have a copyright assignment for gdb specifically. Even then you only have write-on-approval privleges - Although permission on branches is a little more lax, eventually all patches need to be reviewed. So I'm about the only one who can do this right now.

All the patches that need approval are in the gdb bug tracking database. In fact, of the six patches that need to be applied, two have been approved. Hopefully putting it in the bug database lets people know that things are waiting...

Keeping up with the changes is a pain, but it's easier for me to do it locally at least.