Re: RFC: GDB Objc-Branch

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: RFC: GDB Objc-Branch
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:18:00 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:

I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm not really sure this would be any less work for me or get the patches approved any quicker. First of all, in order to submit changes to gdb, you need to have a copyright assignment for gdb specifically.

Yes, I expected that.

Even then you only have write-on-approval privleges - Although permission on branches is a little more lax, eventually all patches need to be reviewed. So I'm about the only one who can do this right now.

So, I guess all that would have been possible is to track the mainline changes in the branch and you would have had to repost the patches.

All the patches that need approval are in the gdb bug tracking database. In fact, of the six patches that need to be applied, two have been approved. Hopefully putting it in the bug database lets people know that things are waiting...

I didn't know that these six patches were all that was comming. I thought that was just the first set.

Keeping up with the changes is a pain, but it's easier for me to do it locally at least.

Well, this is the deciding factor. If it would only complicate things, then lets not do it. That's why I asked here first.

I take it that the ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/patches/gdb-5_3-objc-patch.tgz contains all of the releveant functional changes of this set of patches?

Cheers,
Dave