Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1

From: Giulio Cesare Solaroli
Subject: Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:40:41 +0100

Hi,

On Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003, at 22:53 Europe/Rome, Stéphane Corthésy wrote:

That would be nice if you could update your repository (create a branch if necessary) with the most recent version, even if it's > broken.

I will ask Mirk Viviani to update the sorceforge repository (he has access to both our internal repository and sourceforge's one); tomorrow I will also send you a package with the latest versions of the frameworks. At the moment we want to keep the frameworks in our internal repository, but if this framework could be integrated into GNUStep we will be more that happy to use only the public version.

We can probably make it work with Postgres adaptor.

It should be very easy to add a Postgres "strategy" (that's the name we have given to the code that handles the setUp / tearDown of the tests environment) as we have already done it for Oracle and Frontbase; it could be possible to enhance the "achitecture" of the whole framework using bundles instead of simple subclasses, like we do it now (this was a suggestion given by Mirko Viviani).

I remember I had your URL in my bookmarks ;-)

;-]

We also have a production-ready xml-rpc frameworks that allows to easily add Xml-Rpc capabilities to any WebObjects applications.

GDL2 won't have enough test cases, despite David's efforts, so if we can get some more tests using OCUnit, that would benefit all.

If somebody can help us putting it back in shape, I will be delited.

Giulio Cesare