Re: emacs.app does not support -GSFilePath

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: emacs.app does not support -GSFilePath
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:27:23 -0500

On 2007-01-25 03:06:09 +0200 Adrian Robert <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,
Someone was asking me about whether Emacs.app supports the "- GSFilePath" option which GWorkspace uses to tell applications to open files. I thought that there were already two ways to do this in OpenStep / Cocoa: "-NSOpen" option, and NSApplication- application:openFIle: method via DO or notifications. Is this correct or is the GNUstep-specific -GSFilePath really needed?
thanks,
Adrian

That is, NSApplication treats "GSFilePath" and "NSOpen" as the same thing and, if Emacs.app implements -application:openFIle: in its delegate, this is the method that will be called.

OK, thanks for this info, I will make sure -GSFilePath makes it through emacs' own argument screener. Does GSFilePath have any different semantics than NSOpen?