Re: [Gomp-discuss] Question about libgomp ..

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Question about libgomp ..
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:47:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>   I have some thoughts about libgomp, mainly is libgomp really necessary ?
>
>   If we generate calls to the thread library in use ( or syscalls for
> those systems supporting threads ) this might not be necessary.

A library is for sure necessary, since it is in the specifications of
OpenMP. Now the point is whether you want to stick with the specifications
and implement just the needed functions, or do things the Intel way and
add an extra layer of functions between the OpenMP code and the threading.
I would prefere the second one, because it allows to keep the OpenMP part
as separate as possible from the rest.

Biagio