Re: [Gomp-discuss] GOMP Requirements

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] GOMP Requirements
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:36:25 +0100

On Friday 05 November 2004 20:38, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What a week...
>
> Here's the GOMP Requirements document. I'm certain I've forgotten
> something, and I'm sure people will find a few typos and other problems.
>
> All considered comments are welcome.

Hi Scott, thanks for the document, it is a very thorough summary. I would
suggest that when you specify OpenMP 2.0 as a target you also leave open the
option of targeting furher releases. With OpenMP 3.0 knocking at the door, I
think it would make sense to switch as soon as we are allowed.

I also agree we must document as much as possible, possibly all the code. This
should alleviate the pains of people joining the project at a later stage.

> Where do we want to put these documents in the GOMP tree?

What about a link from our webpages? I think it is the place where it would
make more sense.

Many thanks,
Biagio