gotmail-list

[gotmail] Inboxloc problem

From: Stephen Beaudry
Subject: [gotmail] Inboxloc problem
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:41:46 -0800

I have an idea where to start troubleshooting for those people having the
'inboxloc' problem.  Could Any of the people who have volunteered to help,
and who are experiencing this problem try the following.  The goal of this
is to tell me the actual location of your inbox, so I can start to get an
idea why it's not working.

        1) Open www.hotmail.com in a regular browser window under Microsoft
Windows
(I know, I know :)
        2) login as a regular, real user would.
        3) Once logged in, you should have 4 tabs somewhere near the top of the
window, labeled "Today",
           "Mail", "Calendar", and "Contacts".
        4) RIGHT-click on the "Mail" tab, and select "Copy Shortcut"
        5) Paste the result into Notepad, or some other text editor.
        6) The link will have an identifying session number in it...  In the
following example, this is the
           part after the "&a=", right up to the "&fti=yes".  If you're
concerned
about security (you should
           be), rplace a few of these digits with your own random numbers.
        7) Copy this line, and Paste the result into an e-mail to the list.

It should look something like the following
http://by1fd.bay1.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/HoTMaiL?curmbox=F000000001&a=f1504
51291d849eaf4319f416324dc5a&fti=yes

This should give the ones of us that are not experiencing the problem some
possible insight into what the trouble might be.  Of course, those that are
creative will find 342 different ways to accomplish the same task.  This is
just the one that I happened to be able to document step-by-step from the
workstation I'm at now.

Thanks,

and cheers,

...Steve...