gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] Page

From: Gertjan Harkink
Subject: Re: [gotmail] Page
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 21:13:23 +0200

Fruetel John wrote:
You have gotmail running under windows?  I'm actually pretty impressed
by that.  I imagine the problem is that windows command line doesn't
know what to do with the ' character, but *nix shells know.

You're patch is probably fine for windows, but the 's are needed for
*nix versions.  Without them, the linux shells try to interpret special
things in the URL, like '&'.

Ok, it makes sense.

To work well under windows, the script would have to detect what OS
you're on and do things differently.

Maybe an idea for a new version ;-)

How did you get this to work under windows?  Did you download a windows
version of curl?

A few years ago I searched for a solution to check hotmail automatically. I found gotmail at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gotmail and there I found a way to use it on win32 (see https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=2182).

The above method I used on version 0.8.2 and it worked until last week.

On my windows 2000 server I use (at this moment):
- perl v5.8.3 from http://www.activestate.com
- curl 7.10.3 (win32) libcurl/7.10.3 from http://curl.haxx.se/
- OpenSSL/0.9.7d (libeay32.dll and libssl.dll binaries) also from http://curl.haxx.se/ - gotmail 0.8.2 (patched and with the modification in line 581. I also changed line 79 to my($conf_curl) = 'curl -k'; so I get no problems with certificates.)

In the config file I use the option to forward the mail to an other mailaddress.

From the commandline I use "perl gotmail -c config.gotmailrc" and it works like a charm. Finally, with the taskscheduler I automate the process.

It would be nice if it keeps on working in future versions! If you need some more info, just let me know!

GJ