gpicker-talk

Re: [Gpicker-talk] Gpicker on Mac OSX (Snow Leopard)

From: Aliaksey Kandratsenka
Subject: Re: [Gpicker-talk] Gpicker on Mac OSX (Snow Leopard)
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:37:34 +0200

У Пят, 04/12/2009 у 19:39 -0600, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa піша:
> Hello list,
Hi.

> I've been using gpicker for the last year, and it has been a marvelous
> experience. It is fast, quick, provide smart results -- a joy to use.
I'm really glad to hear that. I thought that there's no gpicker users
outside of my office. Thank you for your kind words.

>  I'm an emacs fan, and have been using it as my main text editor
> (among other things) for more than 2 years already. However, I just
> bough a macbook, and even though I already found emacs (downloaded
> from emacsforosx.com), I'm yet to install gpicker, due to its depency
> on gtk. I could go further, but I don't want to lose precious time if
> some quick solution is already available or if some expert from the
> project tells me it's way too much of an hassle. Either way, I would
> really like to know if it's possible to get gpicker up and running on
> a Mac (OSX Snow Leopard).
It should be possible, thought it seems to be not easy. Gtk+ now has
official port to OSX native GUI system. But it seems that you'll have to
compile it (gtk+) yourself. I do have access to OSX system, but due to
large download size of gtk+ and it's dependencies I haven't tried to
build it on OSX. Let me know if you'll have success compiling gtk+ on
OSX.

Another option for you is implementing Cocoa GUI for gpicker. I'm
willing to accept such patch and to support that alternative GUI.

--
Aliaksey Kandratsenka <address@hidden>