gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] NMEA time calculation question

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] NMEA time calculation question
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 19:52:44 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Also note that the Venus devices are widely available from around $15.   If
> they just happen to have 0.5ms jitter as well then this seems like a win?

Is that the raw chip, or a finished device with antenna and USB connector?
Retail or wholesale?

I just poked around a bit and didn't find any retail sites selling finished
devices using Venus chips.  (I didn't try very hard.)  Anybody got a URL?

-------

I like the trick of trying to interpolate USB timings based on the number of
characters in each block.