gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘cgps

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘cgps
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:15:28 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:20:39 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Here is an even better screen shot of my issue.
>
> This is in what, an xterm?

Pretty much an xterm.  It is the xfce terminal, which is basically
a tabbed xterm.  My guess is that it would also happen in an xterm since
they share a lot of code.

> Not reproducing here. Have you seen it do the *right* thing?

I would not expect you to see it.  I think it is caused because my
Skytraq was reporting a lot of sats at that time.  My guess is I only
see it when I have Beido sats in view, which you would likely not see on
your coast.

gpsd can send up to 72 channels of skyview, way more than can fit in the
cgps PRN window.  That might be an issue?

I have seen this before, but rarely.  The Skytraq with it big data output
seems to trigger it more often.  I'll keep an eye on it and see if I
can find the failure trigger...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588