gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘cgps

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘cgps
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:19:24 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Gack, much worse than that.  Not limited to window size at all.
> > Just a check to keep frmo running off the end of the list...
>
> Aside from implementing the limit correctly, there's the question of
> whether it's time to increase the limit, due to the growth of the
> overall GNSS constellation.  Anything that puts lists of satellites
> in a window form is affected; this includes cgps, xgps, and gpsmon.

Yeah, sounds like a good project for someone handy with curses or
Python Gdk.

> Even just using my GLONASS-capable Android phone as a source
> *indoors* can exceed xgps's 20-satellite limit.

What do you use on your Android?  I use 'GPS Status', but it is only
graphical.

Do you see 20 active?  cgps, gpsmon and xgps can get by showing just
active if there are too many.

Right now I have 13 GP/BD sats in view, 14 can show in cgps.  I hae a
GLONASS receiver coming next week, that should do more.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588