gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:12:09 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:07:32 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>
> > Your emailed patches to me where corrupted.  Your attachments are
> > not.
>
> Care to elaborate?  I thought that once you saw that "git am" is smart
> enough to filter tags out of subject lines, there were no further
> issues with applying patches fro email messages.

Somewhere in the process when you put patches in the body of an email
that lines were split.  When they are attachaments that does not happen.

Trying to put the lines back together so the patch appplies is a PITA.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588