gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Five More patches
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 11:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:07:32 -0700 (PDT)
> Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> >
> > > Your emailed patches to me where corrupted.  Your attachments are
> > > not.
> >
> > Care to elaborate?  I thought that once you saw that "git am" is smart
> > enough to filter tags out of subject lines, there were no further
> > issues with applying patches fro email messages.
>
> Somewhere in the process when you put patches in the body of an email
> that lines were split.  When they are attachaments that does not happen.
>
> Trying to put the lines back together so the patch appplies is a PITA.

OK, I found an example of line wrap in the archives, and also confirmed
that there was no line wrap in the copy CCed to myself, so it appears to
be a listserver issue.  How about if I CC you or BCC you in the sends, so
that you get unadulterated copies bypassing the listserver?  That's a bit
of a kludge, but since you're the only one with commit access who isn't
more or less MIA...

Fred Wright