gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] GPSD with sixnet device

From: prak va
Subject: [gpsd-users] GPSD with sixnet device
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 03:04:51 -0000

hi there,
I am using a sixnet BT-5830 hspa wifi -gps combination device. I
have used a serial to usb converter and attached to my computer.

The device can be configured either via serial / ethernet using
BlueVue Device manager, a windows-based application or via
telnet using port 6070. I have set
the data to be transmitted over the serial port at certain specifications.

I am able to get the gps data if i use telnet and
query gps data, however, I want to use gpsd to continuosuly
obtain data.

e.g. telnet 192.168.0.1 6070 will connect me to the device and
i can issue certain commands to get some information.

When I try to use gpsd, I can't seem to get any data.

I can see the device attached at /dev/ttyUSBO

I am using Ubuntu 12.04

What is it that I am overlooking?

Thank you.

Kindly let me know at address@hidden