gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Getting data from U-Blox 6 receiver (native or NMEA pro

From: Askar Ibragimov
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Getting data from U-Blox 6 receiver (native or NMEA protocol)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:11:42 +0300

Thanks for the answer Gary,

I would need PPS. This is why I am trying COM port input. I could try with USB, but what port I should specify to GPSD? ttyUSB0 is from my USB-to-serial convertor, not USB.

Cheers, Askar

Yo Askar!

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 23:56:12 +0300
Askar Ibragimov <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, I had to fight with u-blox a but, becase it for some reason did
> not saved the configuration. But I managed to set it up and confirm
> so that it sends NMEA at certain bit rate:

My uBlox 6 on USB work fine.  Your log looks to me like bad hardware.  The
bad checksums and read errors tell me that.

Is your uBlox plugged directly into a USB-2 port on your laptop or
motherboard?

That means:
        no hubs
        no USB extension cords
        no USB-3

What version of Linux do you have?

Have you tried a different mobo or laptop?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588