gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Will proprietary NMEA extensions be included in gpsd?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Will proprietary NMEA extensions be included in gpsd?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 22:59:26 -0400

Svenn Are Bjerkem <address@hidden>:
> I guess it would be too much if every vendors proprietary messages would be
> implemented.

Unfortunately, your guess is correct in general.

There is one exception to this.  There are proprietary messages communicating
error estimates thar we do interpret, because we can comput a 95% error bound
from them and that concept is general enough even if specific vendor formats
differ.

We might be willing to try the same sort of thing for pseudorange data.  What
is the informatio n being carried in $POZRD?